Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Arrived Safe and Sound

Our flight was helped out by an 80 mph tail wind, and we were only actually in the air for about 10 and half hours. I ate my dinner, drank the free wine, took a couple tylenol PM, and let Bill Simmons drift me off to sleep. We landed in Cairo at 10:00 local time and all made it through customs safely with luggage in tact. The bus ride was entertaining. The drivers here are ridiculous. We all had a good time watching everybody weave in and out, including scooter drivers who seem to not care too much about getting hit by buses. The roads are three lanes wide, but the drivers cram their cars 5 wide. I am pretty sure I am going to take a taxi at some point just to experience it. Our hotel is pretty amazing. The view of the Nile is unreal. I will of course take many pictures (took about 80 on the bus ride), and I will post one of our room view as it is spectacular.

1 comment:

  1. What does it take to get a cab driver’s license? I think all you need is a face. And a name with eight consonants in a row. Have you ever checked out some of the names on the license? The O with the line through it? What planet is that from? You need a chart of the elements just to report the guy, “Yes, Officer, his name was Amal—and then the symbol for boron.”

    ReplyDelete